A Cornucopia of Unique Shops and Eateries
Artwork antiques gift and clothing boutiques, locally made beer and wine, gourmet Japanese tapas Hawaiian comfort food hand-made chocolate truffles and giant cinnamon buns. Now playing in historic Downtown Forest Grove is a renaissance, creating a shoppers’ and diners’ paradise not seen in years!
Among the treasure trove of distinct shops and restaurants in downtown Forest Grove, you’ll find unique gifts, foods and gifts.
- Growler Garage More than 30 taps of “the best libations ever”. Including beer, cider, kombucha, wine and cold brew coffee. Additionally, there is a food menu and on-site games. (Located in the new $16 million Jesse Quinn apartment and retail complex.)
- SAWA (opening January 2019). An izakaya Japanese restaurant offering specialty sushi and more.
- Dauntless Wine Co. (opening winter 2019). New tasting room for this veteran-owned winery established in 2014.
- The Department Store. Women’s clothes upholstered items gift boutique. In fact, the fashions are designed and made by the store owner. Custom orders or on the rack.
- Bites. East-West “fusion cuisine” using locally sourced ingredients for both small and large plate servings including tempura avocadoes shrimp nachos Thai minestrone soup…even specialty burgers!
- Kama Aina. Authentic Hawaiian food including poke, pulled pork and other pig dishes ramen noodles. Full bar. Recognized by Travel and Leisure magazine as one of the best Hawaiian restaurants in U.S.
- Slow Rise Bakery. Handmade slow-rise breads and pastries.
- Kafe. Organic fair-trade specialty coffees teas boba…even artisan toast options!
- Treasures in the Grove. Featuring jewelry and rocks/minerals.
- Daniella’s Gifts on Main. Chic gift boutique offering homewares candles creams gifts for kids soaps knit hats books.
- Maraki Market. “Lifestyle boutique” offering health beauty and wellness gifts and services.
- Diversity Café. Family dining featuring made-from-scratch soups steaks brisket kids’ menu full breakfast and more – full bar live music karaoke.
- Ridgewalker Brewpub. More than 30 taps of beer cider and wine with full menu and special events.1
- Telvet Coffee. Offering handcrafted espresso drinks and other favorite drinks from around the world as well as breakfast and dessert items from inside a beautifully renovated historic Victorian house.
Shop (and eat) until you drop
This diverse profusion of shops and eateries joins an eclectic mix of established downtown venues that include:
The Hidden Closet a women’s apparel and gifts boutique
Linda’s Re-Creations offering quality renovated antiques and collectibles DIY workshops and heirloom repair services
Urban Decanter a “hip” wine bar with daily happy hours and wine tastings every Friday night
Maggie’s Buns a local legend famous for its giant cinnamon buns and generous breakfasts (also serves lunch)
Miget’s Island Grill offering South Pacific comfort food like kalua pork lumpia and more
Waltz Brewery with more than 20 taps of beer (some made on-site) hard cider and wine in a rustic setting
Lost Wax Records heaven for vinyl lovers
Theatre in the Grove our community playhouse.
Making old new again
Additionally, several businesses recently remodeled including three restaurants. The Old Town Vault (formerly King’s Head Pub) with an expanded menu. New Chinese Cuisine and Taqueria Corona and Valley Art Gallery which displays local and regional artists’ work and offers classes and special events. Not to mention, A Framers Touch which offers custom framing services and a gift boutique with local artisans’ wares cards wine and chocolate.
So head our way and take a stroll downtown. If you’d like to stay by locating your family or business here visit us at City Hall for more information.